Urgent action is needed to tackle Britain’s high rate of stillbirths and deaths in the first few weeks of life, according to a report. The charity Sands said up to 1,200 stillbirths a year could be avoided. Each day, 17 babies are stillborn or die shortly after birth, a figure that has barely changed since the late 1990s. In 2010, 4,110 babies were stillborn, another 1,850 died in the first hours or days of life and 507 died aged between one and four weeks. Sands is calling for a range of measures including research into scans and tools that may identify babies at risk, particularly later in pregnancy, and increased public awareness of the risks for expectant mothers.
via The Guardian
Write a comment
- 10% off selected Maclaren Strollers at Mothercare
- Top 10 tips for buying buggies
- Great Kiddicare offers this month
- Save £20 on Chicco Lite way stroller in Topazio, now only £99.99!
- Save a third off the Cosatto Tribo Pushchair Blackjack
- £20 off the Mothercare Express Car Seat - Optic
- Save £75 on the Bebe Confort Loola Stroller
- Save £50 on Petite Star Ali Car Seat at Babies'R'Us
- 1/2 price Bebe Confort pushchair at Boots
- February Half Term Days Out Vouchers