Parents-to-be wanting to find out their babys gender can be assured that a blood test on the mother gives an accurate result, say scientists. The tests, which look for foetal DNA in the mothers blood, are sold privately in many countries, including the UK. Yet few studies, until now, have scrutinised how well they perform. US experts examined over 6,000 test results and found it was reliable 98% of the time – providing it was used after the seventh week of pregnancy.
via BBC News
Write a comment
- Why weight gain in middle age is not inevitable
- Save £20 on Chicco Lite way stroller in Topazio, now only £99.99!
- Top 10 tips for buying buggies
- 1/2 price Bebe Confort pushchair at Boots
- February Half Term Days Out Vouchers
- 5 insurance tips for when a newborn arrives!
- Mothers Day Vouchers
- Save £60 on Bugaboo Bee 2009 models
- Depression in pregnancy 'risk to future mental health'
- Up to 80% off at Kiddicare