Parents-to-be wanting to find out their babys gender can be assured that a blood test on the mother gives an accurate result, say scientists. The tests, which look for foetal DNA in the mothers blood, are sold privately in many countries, including the UK. Yet few studies, until now, have scrutinised how well they perform. US experts examined over 6,000 test results and found it was reliable 98% of the time – providing it was used after the seventh week of pregnancy.
via BBC News
Write a comment
- Save £20 on Chicco Lite way stroller in Topazio, now only £99.99!
- 10% off selected Maclaren Strollers at Mothercare
- Coal fires 'can stunt growth of children'
- Save a third off the Cosatto Tribo Pushchair Blackjack
- Top 10 tips for buying buggies
- Chewing gum can give kids migraine
- 1,000 police to protect children
- 'Less than third' read to children
- Warnings over abduction treaty
- Happy Mother's Day!