Parents-to-be wanting to find out their babys gender can be assured that a blood test on the mother gives an accurate result, say scientists. The tests, which look for foetal DNA in the mothers blood, are sold privately in many countries, including the UK. Yet few studies, until now, have scrutinised how well they perform. US experts examined over 6,000 test results and found it was reliable 98% of the time – providing it was used after the seventh week of pregnancy.
via BBC News
Write a comment
- Top 10 tips for buying buggies
- 10% off selected Maclaren Strollers at Mothercare
- Save £20 on Chicco Lite way stroller in Topazio, now only £99.99!
- Save a third off the Cosatto Tribo Pushchair Blackjack
- 1/2 price Bebe Confort pushchair at Boots
- Wooden loo seat warning
- Ofsted criticises Three Rs 'initiative overload'
- Great Kiddicare offers this month
- MCC launches scheme to teach fair play in sport to children
- Equality Act: firms must not ask job applicants about health