Parents-to-be wanting to find out their babys gender can be assured that a blood test on the mother gives an accurate result, say scientists. The tests, which look for foetal DNA in the mothers blood, are sold privately in many countries, including the UK. Yet few studies, until now, have scrutinised how well they perform. US experts examined over 6,000 test results and found it was reliable 98% of the time – providing it was used after the seventh week of pregnancy.
via BBC News
Write a comment
- Save £20 on Chicco Lite way stroller in Topazio, now only £99.99!
- 10% off selected Maclaren Strollers at Mothercare
- Mother Emily Caines releases image of her 24 week old baby Adelaide, who died an hour after being born, to challenge UK abortion laws
- Top 10 tips for buying buggies
- 1/2 price Bebe Confort pushchair at Boots
- 15% off at Mothercare but hurry!
- The separation rant
- 25% off Mamas and Papas at Argos!
- School buildings deals announced
- Gruffalo author Julia Donaldson tells why she vetoed ebook